Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wow

hey family and friends....

this week has been another great one. We had a baptism last sunday of familia romero. It was very beautiful and everybody was crying. This family now has plans that be sealed in the temple next year. And they are just so cute. They have a son that reminds me of Max...so I always love going over to their house. :) 
This week we have been working hard to find new people to teach here in Trebol. A little bit difficult, but not impossible to do. It is because everybody is so busy here with their work and they all have a different church that they go to. So sometimes contacting people in the street is difficult. We did the math as a district and we decided that to find 2 new people to teach, we need to contact at least 20 people a day. Crazy right? But we know that as we work with diligence and faith, we will find these new people to teach. Noormally in our contacting in the street...we are saying the same old thing to people, like: " We are missionaries, and we are here to serve you....and your family can live together forever through this gospel and message that we have to share with you..is there a day we can come back and visit you and your family?" Normally the response is negative. So we decided to change it up a little bit. Yesterday, we were in a passageway, it was dark, and we were trying to find someone to teach because we had an appointment fall through. Then we saw some little kids playing togetherin a doorway. And they saw us and were like, "can you teach us english????" haha so i was like, yeah of course. We arrived to the doorway, and some of the kids family members were inside of the house as well. We asked them if they would like to hear a song in english. Since my companion cannot speak much english, I had to sing by myself. I started to sing the first verse of, I am a Child of God. And it seemed as if my voice resonated throughout the passageway. The kids and their family members were captivated. And the other people in the passageway, started to open their doors and listen. Im sure it wasnt really my voice that they were captivated by....but more of the spirit that they felt. The spirit was so strong, and I was suprised that I even remembered the hymn in english. Needless to say, the form in the way we chnaged our contacting really worked. With every single one of these kids that we were singing to...we have a return appointment tommorow with their families. This was one of the coolest experiences I have had on my mission so far.
so what can i say? i am so happy. This gospel is amazing, and it truly is the foundation of my happiness. I cannot say that the mission has been super easy, but it has been super worth it. :) I know this gospel is true, and know that it is changing lives...it has especially chnaged mine.
I love you all so much, and hope that you all can know that this gospel is true. I know that if we are living worthily and trying our best to do the things that our right, we will recieve the blessings from this gospel. Always live worthy to feel of the spirit and to partake of the sacrament and attend the temple. I cannot express in words how happy it will make you when you can do this.
Have a great week. I love you all so much!!!! 

hermana thomas 

No comments:

Post a Comment