Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yay for Wednesdays!!

Here is our latest email from Hermana Thomas.  She has requested we all try to write her a physical letter or use DearElder.com.  She only gets one hour a week to write emails.  Unfortunately most of her time is spent is reading the emails she is receiving (guess that's what she gets for giving her email out to everyone) instead of being able to spend her time responding to letters received. She has three weeks left at the Guatemala MTC.  Please use dearelder.com or send her a letter through the postal service. The address is:

El Salvador Santa Ana Belize Mission
Guatemala Missionary Training Center
Bulevar Vista Hermosa 23-71
Vista Hermosa I, Zona 15
Guatemala City, 01015
GUATEMALA
After that you can send letters to the Mission office once she is in the field.

Mission Office Address:
Sister Alicia Nicole Thomas
El Salvador Santa Ana/Belize Mission
Apartado Postal #142
Iglesia de Jesucristo SUD
CP Santa Ana, Santa Ana
El Salvador

So without further ado, here is Sister Thomas:


Hey familia I was so wondering how Tiffanys wedding went!! I am so glad to hear that it went well, and her pictures are beautiful!! Ahh I love those little kids so much!!! We went to go teach some less actives the other day, and I saw little kids for the first time in a few weeks....I seriously wanted to scoop them up and hug them and play with them all day! All of us sisters were freaking out, "little kids..oh my gosh they really do exist!" haha I cant tell you how glad I am that you guys are moving out of that ghetto place!
Oh my heck it was Miles birthday huh?? Yo olvido, lo siento. ha Tell him late happy birthday for me!! ,) Well this week has been interesting...I guess it is good news, so I will tell you that me and my companera were called to be sister training leaders aka zone leaders. It is funny, because we got that calling, I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyway, it was on our Pday. We had gone to the temple, and I was really struggling that day because I wasnt catching on to the language and I felt stuck. When I went to the celestial room, I prayed so hard. Probably the hardest I had ever prayed in my life. I prayed for Heavenly Father to give me something I could work with..to give me a challenge..to give me a chance to serve others so I could be forced to learn the language better. Right after that, we were called as zone leaders. That was a pretty quick answer to my prayer. I dont know why I would be picked as one of the candidates for this calling....Ive never served in that large of a capactity, but I know that the Lord needs me to do something with that calling. So I will do my best to serve Him and all of the girls here the best that I can. :) Oh and as far as packages go..please feel free to send me all the brownies you want. I really am dying for brownies here, and they seriously dont have a lot of chocolate here at the CCM. Oh the sacrifices I have to make to go on a mission. I guess peoples eternal salvation is more important than my crazy addiciton of ice cream and brownies. ,) Hey I also have a favor to ask. It takes awhile to read the emails I am sent, so sometimes I am way short on time with responding to everyone. I love to get emails, but can I also get a dear elder every once in awhile. It makes all the difference to get a physical letter, and to be able to open in up and read it, OH MY HECK! I almost forgot to tell you about Hermano Alejandro. We all thought he was an investigator, Turns out he is actually one of the CCM teachers here. He  acted as an investigator so that we could practice with our teaching skills. I remember he came into the classroom one night, and he was crying, saying how much he had felt the spirit from us teaching him. We were all ready to fill the font because we all thought he was going to announce that he wanted to be baptized. And then he pulled out his teacher name tag, and thanked us for the great experience. He couldnt stop crying. I was kind of choking up too...I didnt know that we had touched him so deeply, even though he really was just a teacher here. Well I love you all!! Please write me when you can! Dont worry about me down here, I am doing great!! Couldnt be better, or more happier!! Oh and for the pictures,  they wont let us upload them onto the computers here, so I really do apologize, but you all wont be getting my pictures until after I get out into the mission field, Its driving me crazy because I have great pics to send to you all! And also, us missionaries will not be able to call on Mothers Day, because we are still in the CCM. SO HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the wonderful women in my life! I love you all so much!! I cant thank you enough for how much you have impacted my life. I will always be eternally grateful for you all. :) I have run out of time! GAHH! haha but I love you all. Have a great week! And I will make sure to email next week! Love - Hermana Thomas         p.s.....ummm whats the news with mitch and gina?? She hasnt emailed me yet, but everyone sent me an email saying that there is great news. I am practically dying right now! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment