Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Last week in the CCM :)

hey familia!!! so one more week until I go out into the real world!! a lot has happened in this past week that I want to share with you! so we had pday last week, and we all got to go to Wal-Mart and then the mall. they had a Wendy's there, and I was so excited!! I got a baconater and a frosty and fries! it was a little piece of heaven that I have been missing for the past month. ha-ha but I have a way funny story to tell you, so there is this elder in my district, elder dickerman..and when we were at the mall, he went to get lunch from taco bell, or pizza hut, or something like that. when he went up to the counter, he was trying to ask for a drink, so he said "yo quiero bebe." the lady looked at him and was like..."COMO"???? ha he found out later on that bebida means drink, and bebe means baby. So pretty much he told the cashier that he wanted a baby. I'm surprised he didn't get slapped. he will never live that one down! now for my spiritual experience for the week. We have a latina sister here, Hermana Estrevez who just got here about a week ago. The poor girl had to get her wisdom teeth pulled out this past Saturday, and her mouth hurt so bad! I gave her some ibuprofen that night, and sent her to bed. Us sister leaders got a knock on our door at 12:30 am from hermana estrevezs room mates saying that there was an emergency and that we needed to come right away. Hermana Peterson and I ran to the room, and hermana estrevez had gotten a really bad fever, and was cold and shaking. I've seen people with a fever, and I have seen people be sick before, but never as sick as she was. it was pretty scary, and she said that she wanted a blessing. so Sister Peterson and I ran up the stairs to get presidente. we told him she needed a blessing, and he said to just put her back to bed and if it got any worse by 3 am, to come get him again. pretty frustrated at that answer, and that he wouldn't see her right away...we ran back downstairs to her room and said a fervent prayer. after the prayer, an idea popped in my head. You know how when I got my wisdom teeth pulled out, Taylor Hammer brought over tube socks so I would fill them with ice and tie the ends together to hold them on my cheeks? so I thought about that..the only issue was, was that no one had tube socks, and the kitchen doesn't have ice. we remembered though, that they have two freezers in the comedor that they keep popsicles in for our meal times. I ran in to find some Popsicles to put on her face. (keep in mind this was Saturday night, and also, we get the Popsicles restocked only once a week.) i knew that there might not be any left. I went to the first freezer and there were none. keeping a prayer in my heart, I ran to the second freezer, to only find 2 Popsicles left. it was such a huge blessing in that moment, that i just wanted to cry. I got some of the gallon bags that were packed in my suitcase, and the bandannas that grandma Kathy had gotten me. I wrapped up the popsicles and gave them to hermana estrevez. with the popsicles, and extra ibuprofen I gave her..it held her over for the night, i want to emphasize the importance of prayer, and with following promptings. no matter if you are in a time of distress, or if things are easy going, don't ever forget to pray to your Father in Heaven. He is always there for you. He cares, He hears your prayers, and He always wants what is best for you. And you already know what I feel about following promptings. If you receive a prompting, act on it, never delay. I love you all, I pray for you all several times a day. I want to leave you with a couple of scriptures that portrays how I feel. 2 Nephi 33:3, and Moroni 8:3. In Moroni it reads: "I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of His Holy Child, Jesus, that He, through His infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end." Have a great rest of the week! Stay safe, have fun and just be true to yourself. When I email you next week, I will be emailing from El Salvador, and will have received a new companion, So I will make sure to update you all on everything. Te amo familia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment