Friday, October 11, 2013

Great Week!


Hey friends and family!!!!!!!!

so this week has been the bomb!! we are working so hard, and we have found so many new people to teach!!!! we found this one family, and they are so special. we found them last week, familia Martinez. The first appointment we had with them, they fed us pupusas, and we taught them about the restoration. The mom asked us....so how many weeks do you have to wait until you can be baptized? My companion and I smiled at each other and said three weeks. We had our second appointment with them last night, and invited them to baptism. Although they didn't accept a date, they did accept the invitation on the condition, that only if they felt it was right, then they will get baptized. We will continue to work hard with them .:)

We have also been working with a less active couple. They are an older couple. And they went inactive i think about ten years back...although they had over 35 years in the church. They went inactive because their bishop would steal their tithing money. So we have been knocking on their door everyday for about three weeks now. The husband always opens his door....just a crack, and tells us that he is done with this church, and that he doesn't want to have anything to deal with us. Well one day, his wife opened the door. We sang her a hymn in the doorway, because she wouldn't allow us to enter her house. After we sang, I bore my testimony and I told her to pay special attention to how the spirit spoke to her, and I told her to pay attention to her feelings. She smiled a little bit, and agreed. The next time we knocked on the door, she let us in. I think that just goes to show that through faith and diligence, miracles can happen. That is my message for this week. Through your diligence and obedience in the gospel, I testify you will receive blessings!!! :)

I will write more next week!
 

Hermana Thomas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment